NRSPP Webinar - With Rio Tinto's, Anthony Deakin
How Can a Linked CRM-Bow Tie Approach Prevent Fatalities and Serious Injuries?
This webinar presented by Anthony Deakin, Chief Advisor – Critical Risk Management Rio Tinto, builds on the National Road Safety Partnership Program (NRSPP) Rio Tinto Case Study: The Safety Loop – CRM Program, Bow Ties and Preventing Fatalities and Serious Injuries.
Key excerpts from the presentation:
Results and impact
- Understanding of fatality risks at front line
- Clarity on critical controls the “critical few”
- Verifications to confirm effectiveness
- Targeted actions to address gaps
- Clearer roles and responsibilities
- Support desired culture
- Drive to standardization
- Data and insights (controls, questions, location, time, day…)
- Quicker mobilization of learnings
- Purposeful leader field time
- Increased mobility in the field
Rio Tinto’s 7 critical control program tips
- Don’t invent just implement.
- Reduce complexity, don’t multiply it
- Make it easier
- Ask the operators what is important
- Faster rollout = faster learnings
- Metrics and minds
- Believe it